Blogger KULSHAN - Lead Author: Stan G. Webb - In Retirement © ®™: Bumblebees, Crocus & Saffron - My Ongoing Search for Insect Pollinators & Herbivores Google (opens in a new tab)

Monday, February 8, 2016

Bumblebees, Crocus & Saffron - My Ongoing Search for Insect Pollinators & Herbivores


In Memoriam to my friend, Gordon Rogers, who died Tuesday, March 8, 2016.

Bumblebees, Crocus & Saffron - My Ongoing Search for Insect Pollinators & Herbivores
Thank you for watching. You have been extremely gracious with your time.
Stan G. Webb© - In retirement.

February 8, 2016 - My Ongoing Search for Insect Pollinators & Herbivores
Bumblebees, Crocus and Saffron albeit, I am uncertain whether this is the exact saffron crocus, described in Wikipedia. Jump to Species - About 30 of the species are cultivated, including Crocus sativus for saffron production. The varieties cultivated for decoration mainly represent five species: C. vernus, C. chrysanthus, C. flavus, C. sieberi, and C. tommasinianus. Among the first flowers to bloom in spring, crocuses are popular with gardeners. Unknown in the wild, probably descends from Crocus cartwrightianus, which originated in Crete;[8] C. thomasii and C. pallasii are other possible precursors.[9][10]

I took my photographs and videographs on February 8, 2016, and only now am re-posting on July 19, 2016.



No comments :

Post a Comment